At BBCS, sustainability is one of our top priorities. We understand that without the appropriate environmental focus, our actions today could have a detrimental impact for tomorrow’s generation.
BBCS is a family owned and corporately managed cleaning company and as such, we take our environmental responsibilities very seriously. As a result of our continued commitment to achieving environmental best practice and operating in a sustainable manner, BBCS has achieved ISO14001:2015 accreditation. The scope of this accreditation covers contract cleaning and associated cleaning services.
This means that you can be assured that BBCS are able to demonstrate our environmental management system credentials. Furthermore, our accreditation is supported by a number of internal policies committed to delivering the following objectives:
- We provide low emission vehicles to all our Operations Managers
- We support a zero to landfill policy and offer full recycling programmes for our clients
- Where possible we use chemical free cleaning programmes
- Minimise the consumption of non-renewable resources
- Maximise re-use and recycling
- We offer our customers a full range of environmentally responsible products
- We supply 100% recycled tissue and hand towels
- We offer our Environmental Awareness Training to all staff
- Achieve and promote best practice with respect to purchasing and sustainable development
At BBCS we endeavour to continually improve our environmental performance whilst ensuring the quality of our work remains high. We currently use a wide range of environmentally friendly products which include biodegradable refuse sacks, floor maintainers, multi-purpose detergents, washing up liquid, toilet/washroom cleaner, heavy duty cleaner, glass cleaner, multi-surface cleaner, degreaser and cloths. Below are some further initiatives we have introduced across our business to reduce our environmental impact:
- We reduce our environmental impact associated with resource consumption by using supplies sparingly, buying in bulk where it is possible, and avoiding excessively packaged goods.
- We reduce the amount of energy used in our office premises as far as is practicable, and support initiatives that will help offset our carbon footprint.
- We ensure employees and those who work on our behalf are aware of their responsibilities and are trained as necessary, with regards to their environmental impacts and best practice.
- We ensure all solid and liquid wastes are disposed of in accordance with legislation. Recycling and reuse of wastes is our favoured waste option.
- We review and set objectives and targets in accordance with the documented procedure.
- We have reduced the variety of chemicals used and wherever possible have removed the use of chemicals completely.